Tuesday, April 19, 2011

spring cleaning.

I recently got around to sprucing up my room: weeding out the things I haven't used in years, picking up things off my floor, putting up some festive lights to brighten things up. Just the little things like that which make it look altogether nicer.


With that done, I thought it'd be a good time for a little room tour. Now, my room isn't very stylish, especially compared to some other bloggers. But it's a constant work-in-progress, so that counts for something, right?


Starting with my bed. {You've seen this before.} The quilt is made by my grandmother & the map is one I got for my birthday a while ago. I just love staring at all the countries I will one day visit...

 Here is one wall... Still pretty messy but better than before. My bedside table is like a rat's nest--no, it's worse than that. The drawer is just full of all sorts of junk--jewelry, Post-it notes, pens and pencils, figurines, coins....everything. Then there's my dresser, pretty self explanatory. And my desk.

I think you've seen this before, too. One day, one day! there will be a laptop in the middle there. Until then, sheets of music while my music stand is MIA.

My window. Notice those lights?


 I have too many stuffed animals, but I'm too sentimental to get rid of any of them. Thus, there they sit...


My closet. I rather hate those ugly curtains.

That's better.

I have to say, I love these lights.

So, that's pretty much my room after some spring cleaning. Doesn't it feel good to get things done? Hehe.

I think I'm going to go read-slash-paint my nails. {This was written last night, so...} I really wish we had some frozen treats that could accompany me during those tasks, like, oh, I don't know, ice cream. Hint, hint, mom. I heard they're making Girl Scout cookie ice cream... Pretty please? Ice cream would be perfect in this heatwave. Oh, who am I kidding, ice cream is perfect all the time.

love,
Kendall

5 comments:

  1. The lights are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is adorable, Kendall. I love the little typewriter and paper crane you have on your desk. Well, at least that's what I think it is... :)

    I have lights strung in my room, too. It adds a whimsical feel, especially at night before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is pretty awesome! And hey, don't worry about the laptop: sheet music replaces tech any day in my books :) I actually rather like the curtains around your closet! I see you have the mysterious benedict society and the chasing vermeer/wright three/calder game series. YOU. ROCK. And the lights are a very nice touch :)
    -charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your room! I've had my room since I was seven, so it has the illusions of a seven year old. I'm redoing it soon, but I'm keeping some stuff, just because, it reminds me of when I was little :')

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is great! :) I love your desk. I don't know why, exactly...
    When I moved, my room was purple. And it still is. And I hate it. I hope to re-paint it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.