Monday, September 26, 2011

i was made for sunny days

It seems like I'm always talking about how much I wish it would just get cooler already. Right? It was 103 degrees when I walked home from school today and the sun was shining down from the sky. As always. It's September 26th, some people have already had their first frost, and it's in the hundreds here. I keep holding my breath for rain, or even just enough cloud cover to cool us off for a bit. But the sun is always there.

So today I decided, if it's going to be sunny, I might as well enjoy it. Looking at pictures from this past weekend helps me do just that.


Beautiful flowers! One thing I will miss as the days turn to winter. If that, you know, ever happens.



For my pomegranate loving friends. :) I found this on my walk a few days ago. See, it was pretty bad. The seeds were still a little sweet, but nowhere near what they should have been. Guess I'll have to go back in a few months to see if there are any better ones.


I know I do tend to ramble on about the weather a lot, but it's more interesting to me than, say, the homework I should be doing. Maybe I'll be a meteorologist when I grow up! If I stay here, it will be easy: sunny skies forever.

That said...fall.come.quickly.

Kendall

11 comments:

  1. Your sunglasses are awwwwesome. love. And WHOA 103 degrees? That's hotter than it ever got this whole summer where I live! I hope it cools down for you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love love that last photo! i really like the one of the pomegranate too.
    and 103 is HOT -- i hope it cools down for you!! where i live (australia) it normally only ever gets up to 95...it's only when humidity reaches 100% that makes me start wishing for the end of summer.

    xoxo
    madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously adore you for posting that pomegranate photo. Even if it didn't taste great, that's still crazy-exciting. Or maybe it's not, and I'm just a crazy pomegranate-loving freak. Most likely the latter. ;)

    ps. & would the title be a weepies reference? because that's kinda my favourite summer song. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great eye when it comes to photography. I especially like the last one. Do you plan to pursue it as like a career ooor? I am always interested in what people plan to do with their lives, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendallita you look so cute in that picture ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous photos! And those sunnies are rad! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. this girl has issues with how much she loves pomegranates. their amazingness is rivaled by nothing else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abbey- YES, it is a Weepies reference. :)
    Maggie- Thank you! As of yet I don't really have any plans for anything, but I do want to do something creative, and I'm not putting photography out of the question. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures. I can't wait for fall, either (:
    www.katies-favorite-things.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photos! :) Haha, I know what you mean! It's around 100 degrees where I live too. :P Autumn normally gets around to visiting us in November.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.