Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."


a picture of yummy muffins that has nothing to do with the post!




I really want to blog and I have a lot I could talk about but it all comes out as mumbo jumbo when I write it out. I want to write something coherent and interesting that follows some sort of common thread but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon, knowing me, so I might as well just get it all out. *sigh* Also, post titles and I aren't getting along right now, so that's the explanation for this one. :)

Right now, I should be working on Chem homework or reading the Iliad or writing a paper for English, but instead I am writing on you, dear blog, so I hope you appreciate this! It's okay, I'd much rather be here.

Let's see, life at the moment? It's, uh, busy, which explains why I haven't blogged since Wednesday, an irregularity in the life of Kendall. Sophomore year is harder than freshman year. I mean, right now I have all A's except for English and...wait for it...Drawing. NO COMMENT. But we've only had three weeks of school so far, so I'm sure it will fluctuate greatly before grades come out. Hopefully for the better.

Yesterday morning was my first soccer game of the season. We won, 6-1. It was dreadfully hot and I'd stayed up 'til midnight the night before, so I'm pleased, all things considered. Later in the day I went to my sister's soccer game with earnest intentions of taking pictures. Mostly I got bitten by ants and probably sunburned but I did get a few pictures. Maybe I'll share them later. 

So, homecoming is in a few weeks. I didn't go to the dance last year, but I want to this year, in my spirit of, uh, doing stuff. That means having to buy a dress, which is an ordeal in itself. I actually only own one dress right now. Guess I'm going to have to embrace teenage-girl-dom and go shopping. *cringe* I am, however, super excited for Halloween shopping. I know it's only the beginning of September, but I can't wait to find my costume. Favorite holiday, yeah? I can't wait for the day when the church by my house gets pumpkins. Then I can look at them and feel festive every day when I walk home!

I'm so excited for October, you guys. But I'm trying to savor September, too.

Also, today is the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks, as I'm sure you are all well aware. I feel like I should say something about that, but I'm not sure exactly what. To be honest, I don't remember a thing from that day. I was five years old and had just started kindergarten. I don't remember what I did that day. But I'll never forget what happened.

On a lighter note, thanks for 151 followers! You guys are cool. I hope you know that.

Kendall

2 comments:

  1. I am alternating between homework & eighties films right now.
    "What do you in Physics club?"
    "Uh... We talk about physics."
    Surely, this counts as physics homework?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ramblings :) and the random yummy-looking muffins!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.