Friday, March 30, 2012

in a glass case of emotions

So, tonight I finally saw The Hunger Games.


I'll admit that it doesn't take much for me to cry, but I've seriously never sobbed that much at a movie. Every scene with Katniss and Prim, Rue's death, when everyone raised the three fingers, when Thresh saved Katniss... by the end with Cato I was sort of a mess.

Can I just say how much I love Jennifer Lawrence? Her interviews are the funniest thing ever, she's so pretty, and she makes a superb Katniss. We should be friends.

The only downside was there were these annoying girls sitting by me who kept on giggling loudly at things that weren't at all funny. I was this close several times to yelling, "OH MY GOD IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY" but, you know, I was too busy wiping the tears away.

I heard people talking about all the 'mistakes' and things from the book that weren't included, but honestly, I don't care. No movie adaptation is ever going to have everything from the original. Deal with it. It's been a long time since I read the books, so I was able to enjoy the movie without noticing the details that were left out.

On the way home, I curled into the fetal position and snapped at anyone who tried to talk. Then I went straight for the computer and listened to the movie soundtrack. I was so focused on the Hunger Games I didn't even think about doing anything else.

So basically, it was beautiful.

13 comments:

  1. lol, this is killing me! i must go see it -- everyone, even my toughest friends, claim they cried. i have a feeling my reaction will be much like this... and I can't wait XD

    xo,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing wasn't it? I cried a lot too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried so much too! :') It was an amazing movie!!! Can't wait until Catching Fire (I wonder who's going to play Finnick)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's exactly what i did. please. preach it.
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes. I was sitting next to my brother who kept snickering at the "cheesy" moments while I just cried...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought it was great too. i honestly didn't think they messed it up at all, i thought it was a really good adaption, i mean you're right, it can't be perfect. i didn't cry, but i never do. it was beautiful though. i'm going to see it again today, so excited! and jennifer lawrence is just plain awesome, talented, hysterical, and epic.
    LF

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, I so want to see the movie! hopefully soon, though! the books were excellent and everyone says the movie is too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw it on the 22nd and I spent the entire movie crying, just like you did! I agree Jennifer Lawrence is amazing- and Liam Hemsworth was actually really good! What did you think of Peeta's interview??? It made me smile reading your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't seen the movie! Ugh! I feel so left out! And I actually have snapped at kids in a movie theater... We went to see Man on a Ledge and they just wouldn't be quiet. They laughed at the stupidest stuff and one of the girls litterally gasped every time the man nearly fell off the ledge (which - um hello people! that's gonna happen - hence the name "man on a ledge" - gosh). So I turned around and said "Would you please be quiet" with emphasis on the "please" and quite a bit of irritation in my voice. So yeah, I can see where your coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds a lot like my reaction (: you're right! Jeniffer Lawrence is awesome! she's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the movie too. I have to say, I did try and stop myself from crying throughout most of the movie, but I couldn't help myself when Rue died. It was so sad! Afterwards, we saw some guys in our class had also seen it, and they said Rue's death was the funniest part. I was very close to slapping them. Y'know. Anyway, the movie was absolutely brilliant. I was definitely impressed by it all. It was fantastic.
    -charlotte <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought the book was extremely close to the movie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The movie was great - and so well-cast! Lawrence is so great because she is so "real" if that makes any sense at all. I just loved the whole thing, I've seen it twice and I just think it's perfect:)
    PB

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.