Friday, August 31, 2012

extremely tired and incredibly sore

(a novel about my first week of junior year)

Well, I have officially survived my first week as an upperclassman! Not that I ever, you know, thought I wouldn't, but it's been a long week. The days have actually passed fairly quickly, but at the same time it seems like Sunday was eons ago.

For one thing, cross country practice has started. It's my first time on the team (actually, it's the first time I've ever been on any school team) so I was a little (a lot) nervous at first, but everyone is nice and stuff and I think it's going to be alright. We have to be there promptly at 5:50 AM, though, so we don't die of heatstroke. (Instead, we'll die of exhaustion.) JK it's not really that bad. It's only 3-4 days a week and I just have to try to go to bed a little earlier so I'm not a zombie, which hasn't been a problem yet. I am incredibly sore, though. Everywhere. The other day, I sneezed and a wave of pain hit my stomach. I do feel slightly better now. I guess that pain is a good thing because it means I'm actually working out...

And then there are the classes. I'm in 5 AP classes this year (Statistics, U.S. History, Psychology, and English, and Human Geography next semester) and one Pre-AP (Spanish). The looming threat of the AP test is slightly terrifying but other than that the classes themselves aren't awful (yet). We did an experiment in Stats today that involved taste-testing brownies, for instance. That sort of thing I can go along with. My other classes are generally less stressful: Painting, and Health, which is an online course and once I complete it, that's basically a free period. If I can just stay on top of all of that (and guitar, and NHS, and "social things", and stuff I actually want to do!!), I'll be in good shape.

Tonight is our first football game of the season and the spirited pep rally somehow convinced me that, despite my overall exhaustion, it would be a good idea to go. So I have that to look forward to tonight! I'll have all of tomorrow to stay home and watch TV, anyway. (Doctor Who comes back!)

Hope y'all had a great week and have an even better weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck on the cross country team! And even more good luck for the rest of your year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your post title is the bomb-dot-com. just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on surviving your first week as a junior, Kendall! hope the rest of the year goes well for you. :]

    xx.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm taking 5 APs this year too... glad I'm not alone! good luck for the rest of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea what an AP is.
    Srsly reading your blog is such an ~insight~ into foreign culture. I never know what anything is when it comes to American high schools.
    But yeah I start school on Tuesday and I'm crying inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a LOT of AP classes. AP biology alone was overwhelming for me. I've been running lately (not for school though) so I definitely empathize with the soreness.
    Congratulations on getting through the week.

    _Jillian

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.