Saturday, March 09, 2013

the start of spring break

Well, I'm leaving tomorrow for New York. I'm going to visit colleges around New England, mostly in Massachusetts, but we're flying into JFK. Incidentally, the only other time I've been to New York was also March, and it is a pretty miserable time to go (cold but without the fun of Christmas. I don't know if I'll have any time to sightsee on this trip, but I'll take my camera anyway and we'll see what happens.

We have to leave for the airport around 5:45 in the morning, but, predictably, I am attempting to write a blog post without any sort of end goal in sight. I feel like this is a recurring theme in my life, but I'm not sure.

God, time flies by so quickly. It's weird that it's Spring Break already. It's seemed so far off for such a while and now that it's here, it just feels weird. I've been a bit disoriented all week, to be honest. I keep forgetting what day it is. Spring fever, maybe? But it doesn't actually feel like spring yet. It's been gloomy and rainy for the past two days.

I took the SAT this morning, for real this time. In a word: mind-numbing. I hope I did well. But I'm not going to worry about it until I get my scores. Afterwards, I went to Sydney's house (it took us like 45 minutes to get there because of all them hipsters clogging up my streets downtown for SXSW #getoutofmyhouse). We made cinnamon rolls, for lack of better word, and while waiting for the dough to rise, went to Goodwill (dress: $3.95) and Neiman Marcus (dress: $5,000). And we hit Torchy's for some chips and queso. That's how it's done.

Now I'm trading in shorts and queso for leggings and snow(?).

I should get some sleep.
See you on the other side.

3 comments:

  1. Take me with yooooou. My parents have decided to wait until after I get into colleges to let me visit them, which means I might end up making 40% of the colleges I apply to in a town I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have all of the leggings and snow that you want over here. I'm not even anticipating my own spring break as I know it will be repetitive days of frozen earth, cold air and grey skies.

    I hope you score wonderfully on your SAT - have fun college touring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you!!!!!! We can wear leggings together :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.