Sunday, September 29, 2013

twenty-seven

So, it has come to my attention that I haven't blogged in twenty-seven days. That's almost a month. Dang. This has never happened before in my entire career on this website, which spans back to the incredibly prehistoric age of 2008. 

Usually when I don't blog for a while it's either because I'm so busy or because I'm going through a dry spell and can't come up with anything to say. Or, actually, it's like so much is happening I don't know how to possibly pin any of it down into comprehensible posts and I don't have enough time to try. I think maybe that's the best explanation for this past month. Senior year is complete and utter madness. 


One day you're at an Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes concert waiting for lightning to stop, talking with your friend and someone you just met, and the next day you're back at school, taking a test. One day you're playing Capture the Flag in the streets after dark, cursing yourself for not wearing better running shoes, and the next day you're at a college visit, thinking about where you might end up next year. Some days you're up at 5:15 and don't get home until after 1 in the morning. Okay, that was only once, but you get my point. It's crazy. Senior year is frequent trips to Sonic, it's "will you proofread my college essay for me?", it's Arctic Monkeys and Avicii and whatever's on the country station. It's our last homecoming, our last spirit week, everything a countdown but we can't focus on that. It's so many emotions at once. So many things to do. So much. 

How do I sum it up? Hmm. Let's just say I don't have any trouble falling asleep these days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess I just wanted to pop in and reassure you that I'm (somehow, miraculously) still alive. We'll return to your regularly scheduled programming... maybe not soon, but...uh, as soon as possible. 

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy!!

    PS. I hate it when it starts seeming like life is living you instead of the other way around. My whole year has been that way. Hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. I know the feeling!...of so much going on at once AND going for such a long time without posting. Hope things are all going well with you, though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.